Sunday 5 October 2014

Digital Visual Effects Week 01 - Update

Since my last post, I have thought more about what item I could have transform into the robot, and have decided that I will be a computer mouse, which will open up and turn into a creature similar in look to a beetle. I have also decided on a final story, which will be set, and filmed in one of the worklabs in the university.

The story will be that a student is working in the worklab with a friend while a storm rages on outside. After his friend leaves a lightning strike hits nearby, causing the pwer to cut out. After a second the lights flicker back on, aswell as the students PC. The screen shows a warning sign and a countdown. Once it hits zero a surge of electricity runs down the mouse's cable and shocks the student, causing him to pull away. The mouse then transforms into the robot, and after a small interaction the student throws water onto it by mistake causing it to die.

I like the story I have made. It fills the specifiations of the brief, and isnt flashy action thats in your face. Rather, a subtle, and hopefully well done piece of editing and compositing.

No comments:

Post a Comment