Thursday 9 October 2014

Concept Development Week 02 - Logo

After taking time to think about it I decided to move forward with Peak Productions and drop the name Horde. I decided on this because Horde is too generic of a name for a company. Its a word that is commonly found in video games, and would be difficult to stand out as an individual company.

Since my free hand designs for Peak Production have failed I have decided to use a pre existing font for the logo, but of course integrating it into my own design. I've already had experience creating logos, and know that dafont.com is a good resource for free to use fonts that are shared by its community.

After scouring through and downloading those I felt best reflected Peak Productions, I made a few simple designs. I've found working simple black and white line designs is best at the start, and narrowing them down as I develop them.





Here is the font that I ultimately chose. I decided on this one because its professional, but still stands out as pleasing. I've also added colour to the design.


From here I decided to change the mountain, and remove the blue colour, as it didn't work very well in black and white, here is the second draft.



As you can see the mountain now has two peaks, to reflect the two letter Ps in the name, and would work in either black or white. But I believe the design is still too simple, and looks more of a movie producing company rather than game.


Here is the third draft of my design.



I am very happy with this design. I believe using negative space was the right choice, and means its can still work in black and white since it is all one colour. I also like the mountain, in its simplicity it would be appropriate scaled down, but has enough variation in his left sided shadow that itd be appropriate scaled up. I went back and used blue in the design, but chose a green/blue tone to make it more eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment