Wednesday 1 October 2014

3D Modelling Week 01 - Room

My first thought for a photo-realistic modeled room was to recreate a room from a 2D animated source. Gorillaz was my first choice as I love the feel of the universe and characters thats been created for the virtual band.

Unfortunately in the last few years they've moved on from the days of Clint Eastwood to all 3D generated, which makes the point of recreating a room for it mute.



I began with researching rooms from shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy, but realised that shows as popular as this have a large fan base, which means they've probably been made in 3D before, which was accurate.


After this I decided itd be better for the sake of developing my skills and real world use that I design a bathroom and create that in 3D. Because Im trying to build a portfolio by next semester, and a lot of time is going into this project, Its better that I create a 'normal' room, since a prospectus employer wont be looking for people to recreate 2D rooms from shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment